Photography Holiday Course Workshop
You will be guided step by step how to produce captivating photographs.
Improve your photography skills, from camera settings, to creative framing and composition.
Join me in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, for a hands on, no jargon workshop.
- Bespoke learning with a maximum of four participants
- 4 star hotel accommodation, single occupancy double ensuite
- Enjoy a discount for two participants sharing a room
- Bring a guest for a minimal surcharge
Dartmoor National Park, is the largest and wildest area of open country in the South of England. Rated amongst Britain’s finest landscapes and famous for its unspoilt natural beauty and stunning scenery.
We’ll navigate our way through some narrow, winding country lanes, to discover a magical remoteness & tranquillity. Dartmoor is named after the River Dart, known to ancient Celts as Deruenta, ‘river where oaks grow’.
Connect With Your Passion For Photography
- Open to photographers at all skill levels
- Learn within a group of up to four participants
- Mentoring with a uniquely constructive spirit
- Complex topics are made accessible, relevant and fun
- No need for sophisticated equipment
During this outdoor experience, you will be expertly guided to breathtaking locations.
Ideal for the solo traveller, with no single supplement, and great value for two sharing a room.
Your facilitator, Harry Fricker, is well acquainted with the area. A champion of sustainable tourism, who is respectful of Nature, People & the Environment. Harry provides outdoor holiday experiences for you to advance your photography and to enjoy, whilst being safe at all times.
Landscape Photography Workshops & Holidays in Cornwall & Devon UK 2022
Sojourn at The Three Crowns in Chagford, a 5 start boutique hotel. Once a thirteenth century manor house, retaining a wonderful sense of history, with open fireplaces and fine oak beams now offers contemporary comfort and style, with an excellent restaurant. The village of Chagford, is one of four medieval Stannary towns on Dartmoor.
Choice of English or Continental included.
Complimentary WiFi Internet, Flat Screen TV
- No single supplement
- £100 discount for 2 participants sharing a double ensuite
- Bring a guests for a £40 surcharge
- Three Crowns Inn, High Street, Chagford, TQ13 8AJ
- Five minutes drive from the A30
We set out to explore the Heart of Dartmoor, including pre-selected locations with outstanding photographic potential such as; Holne Woods, Haytor Vale, Widecombe-in-the-Moor, Hound Tor and Bellever Forest amongst others.
The road map below, is a guide to the itinerary, which we will define closer to the date, depending on weather and choice of optimum locations.
DARTMOOR Photography Holiday Course Workshop
From – Thursday, September 8, 2022 12:00pm*
To – Friday, September 9, 2022 5:00 pm*
* Provisional times
Bespoke Tuition includes
- Hands-On Learning
- Ongoing Photography Review
Topics, adjusted to individual requirements, may include;*
- Camera settings – Shutter Speeds, Apertures & ISO
- Focusing methods
- Visualisation & Planning
- Photographing the Golden Hours
- Astro photography & Painting with light
- Post-processing – Photoshop, Lightroom & Luminar
- Building a Portfolio
*A schedule of Workshops & Demonstrations, tailored to your learning style and needs, will take full advantage of locations and the weather.
- As the holiday draws to a close, you will notice a marked improvement to your photography
- The takeaway for participants is understanding how to develop their own photographic style
- Pre-Workshop Learning Materials
- Photography Tuition
- Location Guidance
- Light Refreshments
- Accommodation & Breakfast
- One Month Online Support
- Transport in a Vintage Defender 110
- Participants are welcome to self-drive
- We can arrange transfers, if you use public transport
Please call to discuss your requirements.
📷 1 Participant £475
📷 📷 2 Participant £850*
*A saving of £100 Enter discount code 100 at checkout
📌 Secure your place with a 40% deposit. The remainder to be paid in full by August 1 2022.
Fully refundable fee if cancelled due to COVID19 / Pandemic Travel Restrictions, before September 3 2022. Alternatively you may rebook or receive a voucher for a future date. We honour all our agreements.
DARTMOOR Photography Holiday Course Workshop
Your leaning journey starts about ten days before event. We’ll arrange an online meeting that will allow me to start tailoring your learning experience. I’d like to know where you are at with your photography, and what you would like to achieve.
After our meeting I will send you a selection of online learning materials. Not homework, but learning resources to focus the mind. We want to hit the ground running!
Enjoy one month online support to deepens your skills & learning experience.
- Complimentary Pre-Workshop Learning Materials & Online Support
Bring a guest
You are welcome to bring a significant other half as a guest.
Whilst you are on location, they may like to experience things their own way.
There may be a spa, health & wellness facilities, as well as shopping, arts & culture.
We will gladly advise on activities, locations and itineraries.
For a guest not taking part in the workshop, and sharing a double room there is a minimal surcharge.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Workshops include light to moderate walking along designated paths and some open moorland, nothing strenuous.
If you have particular requirements, we will gladly accommodate your request.
Please contact us.
- We advise to dress for the weather
- Use layered clothing
- Bring a waterproof jacket
- Wear comfortable walking shoes or boots
Please bring your camera, lens, tripod, laptop & accessories.
Cameras with adjustable manual settings are ideal.
Equipment Rental from Diorama Days
We have a range of professional equipment available for rental during the experience.
Enquiries welcome call 07412 848348
Camera / Lenses
- Canon 6D full frame DSLR body – £40/day – £300 deposit
- Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L USM, ø 77mm Prime Lens – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon, ø 72mm, EF Prime – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Planar, ø 72mm, EF Prime – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Canon 50mm f/2.5 Macro ø 52mm, EF Prime £30/day – £100 deposit
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, ø 72mm, Zoom – £10/day – £100 deposit
- Manfrotto tripod 055XDB PRO Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Manfrotto tripod 190X PRO Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Manfrotto Monopod 681B Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Weston Master IV light meter – £15/day – £100 deposit
- Billingham Hadley Small Camera Bag Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Hoya Circular PL Polarising Filters 52mm, 72mm & 77mm – £10/day – £30 deposit
- GOBE ND1000 Filter 77mm – £10/day – £30 deposit
- Polaroid Intervalometer PLRTC18 3 pin connector Canon – £5/day – £10 deposit
- Wacom Intuos Graphics Tablet Small + Stylus/USB cable – £5 /day – £20 deposit
Not included in the fee
Participants are advised to arrange suitable cover.
i.e. mini bar, room service, laundry, gratuities, etc.
Travel (unless indicated)
To / from the accommodation/venue.
Meals & Beverages (unless indicated)
The welfare and safety of our team, our guests and our local community remains our highest priority. We are following advice of Public Health England and the government.