Photography Course Holiday
Set high on Cornwall’s rugged North coast, Tintagel Castle is inextricably linked to the Arthurian Legend, and is considered amongst Britain’s most spectacular historic sites. Tintagel lies within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), with equal status to National Parks. Immerse yourself in the myth and history surrounding this unique location. Over centuries artists and writers continue to draw inspiration from this epic landscape.
Experience clean sea air, unspoilt beaches, golden sands, enchanting waterfalls and ancient wooded valleys. Discover the real Cornwall.
Connect With Your Passion For Photography
- Open to photographers at all skill levels
- Learn within a group of up to four participants
- Mentoring with a uniquely constructive spirit
- Complex topics are made accessible, relevant and fun
- No need for sophisticated equipment
During this outdoor experience, you will be expertly guided to breathtaking locations. Excursions along the rugged coast will reveal an unspoilt and timeless landscape.
- Ideal for the solo traveller, with no single supplement
- Great value for two sharing a double ensuite, saving £100
Your facilitator, Harry Fricker, is well acquainted with the area. He champions sustainable tourism and is respectful of Nature, People & the Environment. Harry provides outdoor holiday experiences for you to advance your photography and to enjoy, whilst being safe at all times.
TINTAGEL Photography Course Holiday Tour Workshop
From – Friday June 17 2022 12 pm*
To – Saturday June 18 2022 5 pm*
Sojourn at The Mill House Inn, an enchanting three star hotel, set in woodland in a quiet coastal valley, a short drive from Tintagel Castle and Trebawith Strand on the Wild, Atlantic Coast.
A former 18th century corn mill provides first-class food and hospitality.
Highly rated by customers 8/10.
Single occupancy double ensuite. No single supplement.
Choice of English or Continental included.
Complimentary WiFi Internet, Flat Screen TV & Private Parking on site.
- No single supplement
- Enjoy a £100 discount if two participants share a double ensuite
- Bring a significant other half as a guest for a nominal surcharge.
- The Mill House Inn, Tintagel, Cornwall PL34 0HD
We set out to explore the surrounding landscape. Harry will guide you pre-selected locations with outstanding photographic potential, including; Tintagel Castle, Trebawith Strand, Port Isaac, Polzeath and Boscastle amongst others.
We will schedule active periods, together with some downtime to relax and enjoy your own time exploring. The road map below, is a guide to the locations. The itinerary, will be defined closer to the date, depending on weather and choice of optimum locations along this stretch of rugged coast.
Bespoke Tuition includes
- Hands-On Learning
- Ongoing Photography Review
Topics, adjusted to individual requirements, may include;*
- Camera settings – Shutter Speeds, Apertures & ISO
- Focusing methods
- Visualisation & Planning
- Photographing the Golden Hours
- Astro photography & Painting with light
- Post-processing – Photoshop, Lightroom & Luminar
- Building a Portfolio
*A schedule of daily Photography Workshops & Demonstrations, will take full advantage of locations and the weather.
- As the holiday draws to a close, you will notice a marked improvement to your photography
- The takeaway for participants is understanding how to develop their own photographic style
- Pre-Workshop Learning Materials
- Photography Tuition
- Location Guidance
- Light Refreshments
- Accommodation & Breakfast
- One Month Online Support
- Transport in a Vintage Defender 110
- Participants are welcome to self-drive
- We can arrange transfers, if you use public transport
Please call to discuss your requirements.
TINTAGEL Photography Course Holiday
📷 1 Participant £500
📷 📷 2 Participant £900*
*A saving of £100 Enter discount code 100 at checkout
📌 Secure your place with a 40% deposit. The remainder to be paid in full by 10 April 2022.
Fully refundable fee if cancelled due to COVID19 / Pandemic Travel Restrictions, before June 12 2022. Alternatively you may rebook or receive a voucher for a future date. We honour all our agreements.
TINTAGEL Photography Course Holiday Tour Workshop 2 Days 1 Night
Your leaning journey starts about ten days before event. We’ll arrange an online meeting that will allow me to start tailoring your learning experience. I’d like to know where you are at with your photography, and what you would like to achieve.
After our meeting I will send you a selection of online learning materials. Not homework, but learning resources to focus the mind. We want to hit the ground running!
Enjoy one month online support to deepens your skills & learning experience.
- Complimentary Pre-Workshop Learning Materials & Online Support
Bring a partner
You are welcome to bring a significant other half as a guest.
Whilst you are on location, they may like to experience things their own way.
There may be a spa, health & wellness facilities, as well as shopping, arts & culture.
We will gladly advise on activities, locations and itineraries.
For a guest not taking part in the workshop, and sharing a double room there is a surcharge.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Workshops include light to moderate walking along designated paths and some open moorland, nothing strenuous.
If you have particular requirements, we will gladly accommodate your request.
Please contact us.
- We advise to dress for the weather
- Use layered clothing
- Bring a waterproof jacket
- Wear comfortable walking shoes or boots
Please bring your camera, lens, tripod, laptop & accessories.
Cameras with adjustable manual settings are ideal.
Equipment Rental from Diorama Days
We have a range of professional equipment available for rental during the experience.
Enquiries welcome call 07412 848348
Camera / Lenses
- Canon 6D full frame DSLR body – £40/day – £300 deposit
- Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L USM, ø 77mm Prime Lens – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon, ø 72mm, EF Prime – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Planar, ø 72mm, EF Prime – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Canon 50mm f/2.5 Macro ø 52mm, EF Prime £30/day – £100 deposit
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, ø 72mm, Zoom – £10/day – £100 deposit
- Manfrotto tripod 055XDB PRO Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Manfrotto tripod 190X PRO Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Manfrotto Monopod 681B Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Weston Master IV light meter – £15/day – £100 deposit
- Billingham Hadley Small Camera Bag Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Hoya Circular PL Polarising Filters 52mm, 72mm & 77mm – £10/day – £30 deposit
- GOBE ND1000 Filter 77mm – £10/day – £30 deposit
- Polaroid Intervalometer PLRTC18 3 pin connector Canon – £5/day – £10 deposit
- Wacom Intuos Graphics Tablet Small + Stylus/USB cable – £5 /day – £20 deposit
Not included in the fee
Participants are advised to arrange suitable cover.
i.e. mini bar, room service, laundry, gratuities, etc.
Travel (unless indicated)
To / from the accommodation/venue.
Meals & Beverages (unless indicated)
The welfare and safety of our team, our guests and our local community remains our highest priority. We are following advice of Public Health England and the government.