Enduring Genre Photography Road Trips were pioneered by some of the greatest photographers in the 20th Century: Dorothea Lange, Marion Post Wolcott, Gordon Parks, Edward Weston and Robert Frank. We will be tapping into this enduring and exciting genre.
A unique experience My top rated Photography Road Trips are tailor made to your requirements. From drafting a route, identifying locations, taking care of bookings and providing valuable local advice. I will work with to give structure and create a wonderful holiday experience.
I can help you choose the accommodation to suit your style; be it a five start luxury hotel, to a boutique hotel, or a magical yurt. Choices can be overwhelming, and I can help you narrow them down to the right ones for you.
No matter where you stay, I will work with you to build your dream Road Trip, whilst fully meeting your expectations.
Learning photography is informal, immersive and a fun experience. We explore unspoilt Nature across Cornwall & Devon, in Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and National Parks.
Road trips may last from two to seven days and are for two, three or four guests. I’ll meet you upon arrival in a vintage Land Rover Defender 110, with plenty of room to safely travel with your luggage and equipment. The Road Trip is a leisurely excursion, placing quality experience above quantity. We stop at key locations to get the real feel of the landscape.
The Landscape becomes your Muse From the picturesque rolling hills and ancient woodlands of Dartmoor, the untamed and evocative Bodmin Moor, the Lizard, Britain’s southernmost point and bastion of Cornish culture; to the Wild, West Coast famed for its crystal clear aqua waters, teaming with marine life. We go into unspoilt landscapes, untouched by modernity, venturing into the wild side, never far from creature comforts, and always safe.
We’ll explore areas once thriving with human activity. The engine houses of the Industrial Revolution, Villages and Castles from the legendary Middle Ages and Ceremonial Megaliths of Prehistory. Vestiges from another era remain as indelible landmarks.
Photography tuition Learning takes place outdoors, is hands on, with no jargon. I will mentor you with a uniquely constructive spirit, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The immersive learning experience is 8 hours per day.
We can include early starts, when the air is crisp and the atmosphere serene.
Sunsets are glorious, the colour shades of the gradual vanishing light are breathtaking, a must photograph.
On a moonless night the Milky Way is visible to the naked eye, we can experiment with astrophotography.
Mindful photography is a meditative and creative approach to connect with Nature, a worthwhile experience.
You might like: to brush-up on general camera skills; build upon your existing knowledge; increase your confidence to work with the camera. I’ll work with you to draw up a bespoke and effective learning plan to match your requirements.
The emphasis will be on developing your creative photography. We will be reviewing your images, and I’ll be providing you with friendly feedback, as part of a constructive dialogue aimed at improving your photography.
Accommodation You may choose the accommodation that suits your style. I can advise you on places where to stay, and take care of your bookings, if you wish.
Itinerary The route can include coastal and inland locations. As the journey progresses, we can make adjustments to suit our needs.
Here is an example of an actual itinerary in Cornwall along the Atlantic Coast, which we could cover in a day.
Starting at Gwithian, with its fabulous miles of golden beach; St. Ives, its quaint harbour and vibrant art scene; Zennor & Morvah, delightful ancient villages and nearby archaeological gems; Botallack, the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Tin Coast; and Cape Cornwall, its charming mystique and panoramic views, at the epicentre of the Wild, West Coast.
You can look on my instagram to get further ideas for locations.
Meals Cornwall & Devon are renowned for the superb quality of fresh, local produce. We can stop for lunch at charming country pubs or have an al fresco picnic. There is an ample choice of restaurants for evening meals. We will carry a supply of complimentary mineral water, teas, fresh coffee and healthy snacks in the Landy.
Freedom The Photography Road Trip gives you the freedom you to enjoy your leisure time, without having to do all the driving. No need to rent a vehicle; drive in narrow country lanes; research locations; and where to stay. Working with you, I take can take care of all those things on your behalf.
I am excellent driver. My experience includes long distance journeys across the UK, Europe and South America. I have driven over thousands of miles, on and off road in the Defender. I always put safety first.
Investment The Photography Road Trip is an investment in your leisure, wellbeing and creative capital, which I help you to achieve whilst working with you through my knowledge, skills and energy.
All values indicated as duration and amount per person.
Longer duration attracts a reduced daily rate.
- 2 days/nights £350 per person
- 3 days/nights £400 “
- 4 days/nights £475 “
- 5 days/nights £550 “
- 6 days/nights £630 “
- 7 days/nights £700 “
Please note that accommodation is not included in the above table.
Road Trips of more than 7 days available upon request.
Participants* For two, three or four guests
*A minimum of two guest is required to go ahead.
Ideally suited to photographers at all skill levels, with no need for sophisticated equipment.
📌 Secure your place with a 40% deposit. The remainder to be paid in full two weeks before the trip starts.
Photography Road Trips Cornwall & Devon
Tangible Results As the Photography Road Trip draws to a close;
- You will notice a marked improvement to your practice
- You will have produced a stunning set of photographs
The takeaway for participants is gaining an informed understanding of how to continue developing their own photographic style.
- Pre-Workshop Learning Materials
- Photography Tuition
- Location Guidance
- Light Refreshments
- One Month Online Support
- Transport in a Vintage Defender 110 CSW
NB For items not included see accordion at the bottom of the page
Dates Road Trips run all year round across Cornwall & Devon
Dates to suit your requirements
Call now for availability
Your leaning journey starts about ten days before event.
We’ll arrange an online meeting that will allow me to start tailoring your learning experience.
I’d like to know where you are at with your photography, and what you would like to achieve.
After our meeting I will send you a selection of online learning materials.
Not homework, but learning resources to focus the mind.
We want to hit the ground running!
One month free online support is included after the workshop.
Feedback is key to deepen your learning and skills!
Pre-Workshop Learning Materials & Online Support are complimentary bonus items.
Workshops include light to moderate walking along designated paths and some open moorland.
If you have particular requirements, we will gladly accommodate your request.
Please contact us.
- We advise to dress for the weather
- Use layered clothing
- Bring a waterproof jacket
- Wear comfortable walking shoes or boots
Please bring your camera, lens, tripod, laptop & accessories.
Cameras with adjustable manual settings are ideal.
Equipment Rental from Diorama Days
We have a range of professional equipment available for rental during the experience.
Enquiries welcome call 07412 848348
Camera / Lenses
- Canon 6D full frame DSLR body – £40/day – £300 deposit
- Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L USM, ø 77mm Prime Lens – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon, ø 72mm, EF Prime – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Planar, ø 72mm, EF Prime – £30/day – £300 deposit
- Canon 50mm f/2.5 Macro ø 52mm, EF Prime £30/day – £100 deposit
- Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, ø 72mm, Zoom – £10/day – £100 deposit
- Manfrotto tripod 055XDB PRO Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Manfrotto tripod 190X PRO Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Manfrotto Monopod 681B Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Weston Master IV light meter – £15/day – £100 deposit
- Billingham Hadley Small Camera Bag Black – £10/day – £50 deposit
- Hoya Circular PL Polarising Filters 52mm, 72mm & 77mm – £10/day – £30 deposit
- GOBE ND1000 Filter 77mm – £10/day – £30 deposit
- Polaroid Intervalometer PLRTC18 3 pin connector Canon – £5/day – £10 deposit
- Wacom Intuos Graphics Tablet Small + Stylus/USB cable – £5 /day – £20 deposit
- I will work with to find the accommodation that meets you requirements
- Participants are advised to arrange suitable cover
- Before and After the Photography Road Trip dates
- Meals & Beverages (unless indicated)
- Mini bar, room service, laundry, gratuities, etc
- Health & Well Being of guests & staff, are central to our business at all times
- Our Photography experiences are largely conducted outdoors, where viral transmission risk is considered to be low
- I conduct H&S risk assessments and implement safeguards as required
- My company adheres to government regulations and updates accordingly