Terms and Conditions
Bespoke photography workshops across Cornwall Kernow & Devon
Diorama Days Limited – Terms & Conditions of Business –
Diorama Days Limited is a company registered in England and Wales – Company number 11303365
Harry Fricker – Owner / Director
Email email@example.com Mobile 07412 848348
Business correspondence address
Manor Office, 10 Turf Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2DH, United Kingdom
The company is insured for public liability, details available upon request.
Terms & Conditions of Business
Diorama Days Limited; shall mean the ‘Company’, ‘us’, ‘we’.
Client: shall mean ‘You’, ‘Your’, ‘Client/s’, ‘Customer/s’ ‘Participant/s’, the person or persons listed in the Booking Form under such prefix
Fee: shall mean the amount indicated on the Price List or Booking Form for the purposes of the attending the Workshop/s
Date/s: shall mean the date/s listed in the Booking Form with the commencement and termination date/s of the Workshop
Deposit: shall mean the sum listed on the Booking Form equal to 25% of the listed price of the Workshop
Full Amount; shall mean the listed price of the Workshop as indicated on the Booking form
Booking Form: shall mean the form attached to these terms and conditions
Workshop: shall mean any place, event or location together with such other details as may be recorded on the Booking Form to include accommodation and all tuition from Diorama Days Limited and any associated photographic tutor during the Dates.
Terms and Conditions
Customer Bookings & Deposit
1. All information and advice given by us about the Workshop and its requirements and organisation, including special equipment etc, is given in good faith.
2. By completing a booking, the Client/s agree to accept all the Terms and Conditions identified by Diorama Days Limited.
3. The person completing the booking does so on behalf of all the individuals for whom they book, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
4. To book a workshop we require a 40% non-refundable Deposit of the total fee.
5. The balance of the Workshop Fee shall be due 30 days before the Workshop date. If the balance of the Workshop is unpaid by the requested payment date, the Booking may be treated as cancelled and we reserve the right to retain the Deposit. If the Workshop Booking is made less than 30 days prior the Workshop Date, the Full Amount is payable at the time of Booking.
6. The payment of a Deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm your Booking in writing by email. If we cannot accept your Booking for any reason, we will refund the Deposit in full.
7. Once the Booking has been confirmed in writing, the Booking is accepted and subject to cancellation and all other charges, terms and conditions.
Cancellation & Refunds
1. Cancellation of Bookings by the client/s must be made in writing by email.
2. Cancellation charges will be made according to the date stamp on the received the email.
3. Cancellations will be charged as follows: Cancellations received more than 60 days prior to the Workshop date: the Deposit paid will be retained. Cancellations received 60-30 days prior to the Workshop date: 20% of the total Workshop cost will be retained. Cancellations received 7 days or less prior to the Workshop date: 100% of the total Workshop cost will be retained.
1. An administration charge of £20 will be made for alterations or amendments to a Booking.
2. At 30 days or less, full cancellation fees will apply unless the Workshop place can be transferred to another person. If another person can be found for the Workshop place, an administration charge of £20 will apply.
3. No transfers to other people or to other Workshops can be accepted with 7 days or less to the Workshop date and the Booking will be treated as a full cancellation with no refund.
Company Cancellation and Alterations
1. Diorama Days Limited reserves the right to alter or cancel any Workshop or Reteat. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative Workshop or Retreat (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Diorama Days Limited.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, as Diorama Days Limited is not party to any travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred as a result of the Booking, all of which you make yourself and have not paid Diorama Days Limited for, we will not refund the costs of your travel, accommodation or any other expenses in the event of cancellation.
3. In the event of the Diorama Days Limited being unable to provide the named Group Leader due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we will try to provide a suitable replacement as Group Leader. If this is not possible, then the Workshop or Retreat will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund or if mutually acceptable, we may offer to reschedule the Workshop date.
4. Diorama Days Limited reserves the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars at any time before we enter into contract with Client/s. If there are any alterations to the advertised workshop, we will notify Client/s before we enter into such contract.
Dietary requirements and other requests
1. If a Client/s has dietary requirements or allergies or other requests, please inform us of these prior to attending the workshop, preferably at the time booking. We will do our best to accommodate any requests, including advise any relevant suppliers of your requests and make any arrangements, however we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met or carried out, and shall have no liability if such requests are not met.
1. The Photography Workshops/Retreats may require a degree of flexibility due to weather conditions, tide times, access restrictions, and other variable factors, and therefore the itinerary outline should allow for alternatives. For this reason, the Workshop/Retreat outline and itinerary description are to be taken as indicative of the activities that may take place during the Workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Diorama Days Limited.
2. Diorama Days Limited does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the Customer.
1. Diorama Days Limited does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the Workshop attendee or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment).
2. Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
1. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the Workshop Leader thus giving the Workshop Leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us, Diorama Days Limited, in writing within 28 days of the completion of the Workshop.
Customer Insurance & Liability
1. It is a term of the contract between us that the customer/s will obtain the appropriate insurance cover in preparation for attending the Workshop. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the Workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident, injury, death, medical costs, loss of baggage, loss or damage to equipment, personal money and belongings and delays.
2. Participants will be held liable for their own actions, including and not restricted to resulting damages caused.
1. Participants are to be respectful to others, including the Workshop Leader, at all times during the Workshop.
2. Maintain the peace without use of violence or aggression, intended or otherwise.
3. Threatening, insulting or abusive behaviour, or any form of criminal conduct, will not be tolerated and may result in you being asked to leave the Workshop with no recourse to a refund.
4. Participants are expected to act responsibly and must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the Workshop.
5. Participants should stay in view and earshot of Workshop Leader at all times whilst on location.
6. Choosing to leave, separate from, ignore or refuse to comply with safety instructions from the Workshop Leader may result in your termination from the Workshop without refund.
7. The Workshop Leader’s decision to ask a Participant to leave the Workshop is final.
Animals & Wildlife
1. Animals are an integral part of the countryside, both domesticated farm animals and wild animals.
2. Animals are to be treated with respect at all times during the Workshop.
3. In certain conservation areas rules are in place to protect the animals and the environment. Participants must adhere to any such rules at all times.
4. Animals can present a potential a danger to people (e.g. bulls, cows, ponies, dogs). The Workshop Leader will make you aware, to of their best knowledge, and instructions must be followed when passing through areas and fields containing any animals.
Conduct Rules & Health & Safety
In the interests of safety, participants must not:
• Enter a body of water to the point where the water comes above knee height
• Climb or scramble up surfaces above waist height
• Drink from naturally occurring water sources
• Jump from a height above knee level
• Trespass on private property or private land
• Bring any animals (including dogs)
• Walk on or enter any unsafe structures
• Enter any cave or mine shaft
• Light fires intentionally or recklessly
• Damage structures or vegetation; such as stone walls or vegetation
• Fly drones
• Litter (including cigarette ends)
• Lean out of a vehicle
• Get closer to 5 meters from a cliff edge or sheer drop without a safety barrier
It is worth following the advice outlined in the Countryside Code issued by Natural England, the government’s adviser for the natural environment in England, helping to protect England’s nature and landscapes for people to enjoy and for the services they provide.